Monday 29 July 2013

July Favourites!

Hey guys, as its coming to the end of July i thought i would do a favourites for you.

First of is my bicycle scarf, i got this from a boutique at The Royal Highland Show. This is a Scottish event that happens once a year where farmers enters competitions to get prizes. However there is a lot of shops selling different items such as furniture, clothes, food and farm equipment. I bought this for £8 which i thought was a good deal as it is good quality and in high street shops may be at about £15.

The second is my rose gold spike necklace, i got this in February from my local Topshop. Im a sucker for their jewelry and had been eyeing this piece for a while. It was £10 which i thought was quite expensive for a necklace however i have gotten lots of wear out of it and it was worth it.

As you may know from my Holiday Haul i bought two ESSIE nail polishes. However i only featured the one that has been most used/worn. 'Naughty Nautical' as it is called is such a lovely teal/aqua colour with a very hint of silver shimmer through it. I find it a very good summer colour and have worn it at least 4 times this month.

You have also seen the Urban Decay brow box in my How Much Does My Face Cost?  and although i only bought it two weeks ago i feel that it is now a key item in my makeup collection. This eyebrow box was £17 which i thought was expensive but the colours are very pigmented and it also comes with mini tweezers + brush and there is also a gel underneath. After using this i feel that my face is not complete without doing my eyebrows.

In April my friends and i gave Rachel 'Hoola' bronzer from Benefit as she had been wanting it after seeing so many reviews, but i didnt think i couldn't justify spending £23.50 on a bronzer for myself when i had never used one or knew if i would suite it as i have a light skin tone. However I seen so many reviews on Bourjois bronzers that i thought i would buy one of them as it was only £8.99. I feel it is very workable and can be built up however i feel i need to get a more angled brush to apply it with.

Before going on holiday i bought a sea salt spray as i've seen so many good reviews about them and i wouldnt be using many heating tools. I purchased the loreal from Boots for just £3.49 which i thought was a good deal but i wasnt sure the outcome of the product. First time i used it the outcome was poor due to my hair being to damp however on the second time i blow dryed my hair and then used it and it worked giving my hair more volume and waves.

In the summer i get lazy and don't wash my hair everyday so i have been using dry shampoo. I bought the dry shampoo at the same time as buying the sea salt spray and Boots were running a buy one get one half price. I had used Batiste dry shampoo before but this time i got the exotic scent and it smells like coconut and pineapple reminding me of summer and Hawaii. 

Thank you for reading my favourites hope you enjoyed it and if you have done July favourites please link below, 
 

4 comments:

  1. The scarf is so pretty! I have heard so many good things about batiste but have been able to spot it here yet! And I'll be getting a bourjois bronzer soon too! :) x

    Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you, yeah i definitely think they're worth it.

      Louise, xx
      louchelles.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  2. I really love the scarf. I meant to say that to you yesterday but I never, sorry!

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks hayley, haha!

      Louise xx
      louchelles.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete